As its name suggests, the Outstanding Student Award recognizes University Honors students who have distinguished themselves during their career at the University of Maryland. The recipient of this award receives $250 and delivers the student address at the spring Honors College Citation Ceremony on Friday, April 26, 2019 at 4:30pm.
2018: Farida Ettefa, Biochemistry major
2017: Gavri Schreiber, Philosophy major and Chinese minor
2016: Kelly Dwyer, History and Art History double major
- Must have earned your Honors Citation through the University Honors program prior to the Spring Honors College Citation Ceremony. Students who earned their citations in ACES, ILS, DCC, HH, EIP, or Gemstone are not eligible for this award.
- Overall GPA: 3.5 or higher
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at the University of Maryland, College Park
- Significant internship or research experience
- Must be available and willing to address Honors Citation recipients in a short (4-6 minute) speech at the spring Honors College Citation Ceremony